Friday, December 17, 2010

Semi-Home Made


Now that the Christmas break from school has begun, I am relieved and anxious at the same time. Relieved because I am not running around town doing errands, gifts for teachers and classmates, baking cookies, Christmas programs for all three kids at different times, and so on. I find myself at times not enjoying the season, it becomes more of a checklist. Prior to me becoming a mother, I remember dreaming of the day when I have children so I could do all those things for them and make their childhood as perfect as I could, and be happy doing so. I had visions of me making cookies and cakes to take to school. The best I did this year was baking the pre-made cookies. I did feel guilty for not making them myself, however, the guilt lasted about 4 seconds. Thank you Pillsbury. And even with that, I forgot them in the house as I drove away taking Piper to school.

No comments: