Thursday, August 23, 2012

Valentine's Day


Every year around Valentine's Day, I tell myself that I will not stay up all night printing, cutting, gluing, addressing cards, yet I find myself every year staying up making cards for each child and really enjoying it. I realized last night as I was making the cards, I am living my dreams. I remember before becoming a mom, I day dreamed of the day when I can make cards, baking and decorating the cutest cup cakes, and showing my kids all the fun cool things to do and experience the historic places of the world. I feel the most happy when I am doing things for my kids. I feel like I am doing exactly what I was made to do and I enjoy every second of it. Now, this is not the same thing as picking up their toys or cleaning up their messes. These things I can live without, along with their constant bickering with each other. I can live without hearing, "Mommy, she touched my side of the chair." or "Mommy, she looked at me." Parenting would be so much easier if everything I do would bring the blissful feeling of making Valentines cards.

No comments: